This recipe is one of my favorite things to make for a party. It is ALWAYS a hit and talk of the party!
What you will need:
Large flour tortillas ( I used the 8 pack of Mission tortillas, 2 packages)
4 apples (I use Granny Smith)
basket of strawberries
*blueberries if you like, but I usually don't
bowl of water
some kind of brush or spray bottle that is only used for water
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Start in on making your tortilla chips
3. Place a tortilla on your baking sheet (I use a baking stone)
4. Dip your brush in the water, brush the entire tortilla. (A spray bottle works really well for this)
5. sprinkle your cinnamon/sugar mixture over the tortilla (don't be skimpy)
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut your tortilla into chip sizes
7. Bake in oven for approx 15 minutes, you will tell when they are done, should be golden brown and crispy.
8. While your tortillas are baking you can begin cutting your fruit.
9. Dice your apples (the apples are the main fruit filler for the salsa...so the more salsa you want to make, the more apples you will want to use)
10. Peel and dice your kiwi
11. Wash and dice your strawberries
12. Peel your orange, I only use about half of the orange, because it can add too much liquid to your salsa if you use the whole thing...again, depends on how much you want to make.
14. Pour your jelly/sugar mixture over the fruit. Cover and chill, make in advance to give it time to all marinate together.