Sale of new house was final February 3rd.
Prior to then we had the house cleared of all the junk and 1/2 of the demolition complete. We waited until the sale was final before we started re-arranging walls and doing anything else that cost major money.
As of today we have the entire house remediated of all pet, smoke, & mold odors and debri. Literally every nook and cranny of this 3500 square foot home had to be cleaned to get the odors out. The deeper we dug..the more mold we found too. So glad we dug as deep as we did now. It would be horrible to put all the hard work in to run into mold problems later. All 4 bathrooms were completely gutted down to the studs.
I took some progress photos today.
|View into great room from new entry.|
|This is the wet bar. Currently very dark. Due to budget we will keep existing cabinetry and counter here. Removing the wall paper will definitely be a huge improvement.|
|The two holes we cut into the wall today are the 2 closets that will be accessible through the foyer room side. Then on the other side of them is the master closet. With the cutouts open now you can see where the original entry door is.|